Dieser Blog wird nicht mehr aktualisiert, bleibt jedoch als Archiv online erhalten.
Aktuelle Beiträge gibt es auf
http://www.monikas.country-living-in-the-city.de/

Ich freue mich auf zahlreiche Besucher!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Time before Christmas

Finally, winter has begun.
It is getting colder and colder each day and together with the cold temperatures and the foggy weather there comes an idea of a warm fireplace, a good cup of tea and candles throughout the house.
.
Fortunately, I have nearly finished my garden work for this year. There are still the oleanders waiting outside to move to our winter garden and some plants must still be protected with fir.
.
Inspired from the much too early decorations in town and from the magazines I am reading, I am thinking a lot about christmas now, planning to do baking, cooking, having guests, sending seasons greetings to all our friends ..... in the weeks before christmas.
.
I am longing for the day I can start with my christmas decorations, knowing that now it is still too early (you normally don't start before "Totensonntag", which will be next sunday!), but that next week I won't have enough time to do it all.
This year, I want a very special decoration, in every room of our apartment and with garlands, christmas lights in everywindow, lots of candles and ribbons and ..... I hope I will find the time to do it!
.
Although summertime is my favorite season, I also love this time of the year because of all the warm lights and the smell of cinnamon and other spices.
.
Perhaps this afternoon I should start the holiday season with baking some christmas biscuits?

No comments: